Cascadia Convoy to Standing Rock!
Backbone Campaign and CascadiaNow! have joined together to answer the call of the Water Protectors at Standing Rock to send more people in support.
Leaving Saturday November 12th from Seattle, WA
Returning Sunday November 20th. You may choose to stay, or return with the bus.
We apologize, but the buses are full!
The trip is approximately 25 hours from Seattle. We will drive through with drivers working in shifts. You can get on the bus in Olympia, Seattle or possibly somewhere in between if it’s enroute. The bus is a standard Thomas school bus, so bring what you need to make your ride comfortable! If we fill the first bus, we have a second bus available.
Backbone and Cascadia are fundraising to pay for gas and insurance for this trip. You are very welcome to ride for free, but if you can make a financial contribution it will be gratefully received. Fuel expenses per vehicle are around $1500, and $500 for insurance riders and transit costs. Other than that, everything will go to indigenous organizers and the Sacred Stone Camp, or future caravans.
CascadiaNow! is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All gifts are tax-deductible, and any money received through this page is going to pay specifically for gas and transportation expenses, future caravans, or will be sent to indigenous activists on the ground.
(this list is incomplete – please email or message Brandon at email@example.com and we will update it):
- If you’re thinking of going to Standing Rock (PDF)
- Joining Camp Culture (PDF)
- Oceti Sakowin Camp Protocol: 7 Lakota Values (PDF)
- When you Return Home (PDF)
- Standing Rock Syllabus
- Seattle for Standing Rock
- Camp of The Sacred Stone :
- Red Warrior Camp:
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe :
- ReZpect Our Water (youth) :
- Red Owl Legal Collective/National Lawyers Guild (legal defense)
Material Donation Sites
Saturdays: November 5th, 12th, and 19th, between 8 a.m. and noon.
Westside Unitarian Universalist Congregation at 7141 California Ave SW.
Weekly: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (until the 19th)
Duwamish Tribal Services at 4705 West Marginal Way SW
(as requested by the Sacred Stone Camp)
- Warm Winter Clothes (good condition only please)
- ****Gloves, Wool Hats, Socks and Sweaters
- ****Insulated Coats and Pants
- Sleeping Bags / Blankets for subzero temperatures
- Thermal Bed Rolls
- Winter Tents / Heavy Duty Canvas