Cascadia Underground is a Seattle-based media center and bioregion wide collective that provides action-focused education, resources and community space for the Cascadia movement and bioregional issues. By magnifying diverse voices, stories and perspectives, we empower Cascadians to actively resist oppression, exploitation, discrimination or marginalization.
We are working to reignite the spirit of Independent Media Centers and Journalism Networks that were active in the late 1990’s and 2000’s. We provide media spaces for independent citizen journalism, with computers and equipment for digital recording, editing and publishing, and work to pair that with working professionals and interns who can guide an open and non-commercial media collective of programs and content creators. We provide the space and technical services as a movement platform for groups with shared principles and values, working for a positive, sustainable and equitable Pacific Northwest community and bioregion.
You can join us! Our vision for the Cascadia Underground looks like this:
- Live broadcast and recording equipment for interviews, streaming media, and more.
- Computers for audio and video editing
- Projectors and screens for presentations
- Portable audio and video recording equipment
- Shared distribution pipelines, to include easily accessible podcast networks that pushing media to all digital platforms, robust websites devoted to showcasing articles, recordings, and live stream content.
- A maker space for DIY print publishing for all Cascadians.
- And that’s just for starters…
Our leadership team is proud to represent a wide variety of Cascadian voices. With more than half of our organizing team comprised of people of color, as well as gender non-conforming and LGBTQIA2+ (LGBTQ) individuals, we continue to build upon our foundational commitment to strengthening diversity within the Cascadia movement.
This is your movement and this is your space. We can’t wait to hear your ideas, and work with you to make them a reality.
To support this idea, feel free to hit the patron button in the side bar or end of post, or support it here: